The FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy has announced its draft calendar for 2016. The calendar, which is still subject to confirmation by the FIA World Motor Sport Council, consists of 12 rounds including an all-new race in Riga, Latvia (1/2 October). Franciacorta (Italy) and the Intercity Istanbul Park (Turkey) have both been omitted from the 2016 calendar.
As normal, Montalegre in Portugal will kick-start the rallycross season but in 2016 it will be staged one week earlier (16/17 April). A return to the legendary Hockenheimring follows, which will see World RX join the highly-acclaimed DTM series again for its season-opening weekend (7/8 May).
No date changes have been made to World RX rounds in Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, France and Barcelona, while Argentina will once again wrap up the season from 26/27 November.
Building on the success of this year, the FIA European Rallycross Championship will continue to run at five World RX rounds (Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Barcelona and Latvia) – Latvia will replace Italy as a Euro RX round in 2016. The Super1600 Championship will comprise of six rounds (Portugal, Great Britain, Sweden, France, Barcelona and Germany) while the competitive TouringCar series will be made up of five events (Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Latvia and Germany). It is expected that the RX Lites Cup will follow a similar schedule to 2015.
2016 WORLD RX CALENDAR*
1. PORTUGAL – MONTALEGRE – 16/17 APRIL
2. GERMANY – HOCKENHEIM – 7/8 MAY
3. BELGIUM – METTET – 14/15 MAY
4. UK – LYDDEN HILL – 28/29 MAY
5. NORWAY – HELL – 11/12 JUNE
6. SWEDEN – HOLJES – 2/3 JULY
7. CANADA – TROIS-RIVIERES – 6/7 AUGUST
8. FRANCE – LOHEAC – 3/4 SEPTEMBER
9. SPAIN – BARCELONA – 17/18 SEPTEMBER
10. LATVIA – RIGA – 1/2 OCTOBER
11. GERMANY – ESTERING – 15/16 OCTOBER
12. ARGENTINA – ROSARIO – 26/27 NOVEMBER